PITTSBURGH, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mylan Inc. (Nasdaq: MYL) today announced that its board of directors has voted unanimously to appoint Melina Higgins, a former partner at Goldman, Sachs & Co., and Rajiv Malik, currently Mylan's president, to Mylan's board. With the appointments of Higgins and Malik, Mylan has expanded its board to 13 members.
Melina Higgins is an experienced financier, having served as a partner and in other senior roles at Goldman Sachs during her nearly 20 year career at the firm. Higgins joined Goldman Sachs in 1989 and retired from the firm in January 2010. During her tenure at Goldman Sachs, Higgins served as a member of the Investment Committee of the Principal Investment Area, which oversaw and approved global private equity and private debt investments and was one of the largest alternative asset managers in the world. She also served as head of the Americas as well as co-chairperson of the Investment Advisory Committee for the GS Mezzanine Partners funds, which managed over $30 billion of assets and was the global leader in its industry.
Higgins has significant board experience, having served as a director for numerous companies across a wide range of industries. U.S. Banker ranked Higgins as one of the Top 20 Nonbank Women in Finance. She holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and a B.A. from Colgate University.
Higgins said, "I believe Mylan is truly differentiated within the industry and very well-positioned to continue to generate value for its shareholders by executing on its strategy. I am very excited to be joining Mylan's board and look forward to working alongside my fellow directors and Mylan's highly talented management team during this period of continued anticipated growth and strategic evolution for the company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV