TVI Pacific Inc. Provides An Update On Its Mindoro Joint Venture Projects
TSX: TVI OTCQX: TVIPFCALGARY, Feb. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - TVI Pacific Inc. (TSX:TVI) (OTCQX:TVIPF) ("TVI" or the "Company") and its Philippine operating affiliate, TVI Resource Development (Phils.), Inc. ("TVIRD") are pleased to provide an update on the joint venture projects with Mindoro Resources Ltd. ("Mindoro"). TVI and Mindoro have signed four joint venture agreements, previously announced on October 1, 2012, relating to the Agata and Pan de Azucar mining projects located in the Philippines on the Islands of Mindanao and Panay, respectively. The joint ventures present TVI and Mindoro with multiple growth opportunities for near-term and medium-term cash flow generating potential. Under the agreements TVIRD has the ability to earn up to a 60% interest and will act as operator of the projects. A management committee composed of senior management members of both TVIRD and Mindoro will oversee each of the projects.
- Growth opportunities include:
- a near-term high iron (Fe) laterite direct shipping ore (DSO) operation
- a near-term limestone DSO operation
- a medium-term pyrite material DSO operation
- a medium-term lime production facility
- a medium-term nickel (Ni) processing plant
- Development planning/permits are well-advanced for the high Fe and limestone DSO operations, both with potential to generate near-term cash flow.
- Project Execution/Technology Development team fast-tracking Ni processing plant using low-capex leaching technology.
- Ni processing plant capex is expected to be less than US$100 million; estimated opex approximately US$4 per lb Ni, assuming use of imported sulphuric acid.
- Pan de Azucar pyrite deposit being evaluated for both DSO of pyrite material and production of sulphuric acid for the Agata Ni processing plant to further reduce opex.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV