NEW YORK -- Coca-Cola (KO) is expected by analysts Tuesday to post fourth-quarter earnings of 44 cents a share share on revenue of $11.54 billion.
The company split its stock two-for-one over the summer.
The world's biggest beverage company earned $1.65 billion, or 72 cents a share, in the quarter a year earlier, which included certain restructuring charges. Revenue in the year-earlier period was $11.04 billion.
Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook is speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. TheStreet will be live-blogging the event.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) is expected by Wall Street analysts to earn 20 cents a share in the fourth quarter on revenue of $5.34 billion.
Film studio Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF) swung to a profit in its fiscal third quarter as revenue soared on the back of the success of the "Twilight" series finale. Lions Gate posted net income of $37.8 million, or 27 cents a share; a year earlier, it posted a loss of $1.4 million, or a penny a share. Revenue rose 130% to $743.6 million. Analysts were looking for earnings of 19 cents a share on sales of $723 million. 3 Tech Stocks Spiking on Unusual Volume
U.K. bank Barclays (BCS) said Tuesday it would cut at least 3,700 jobs in a major restructuring following a series of scandals.
Rexnord (RXN) said Monday it initiated a review of strategic alternatives, including a possible sale of the maker of ball bearings and plumbing products. 5 Rocket Stocks Ready for Blastoff This Week
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV