OraSure Technologies Inc. Stock Downgraded (OSUR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC reported poor results of -$0.29 versus -$0.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 53.4% in earnings (-$0.45 versus -$0.29).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 5200.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.12 million to -$5.87 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.37 million or 226.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 45.64% over the past year. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts