Cheaters, Liars And Exes . . . Who Still Love Your Insurance
"This means no hanky-panky with hiding or transferring monies, changing assets or incurring major new debts, or changing existing insurance for family and spouse," Vasileff says.
If you drop your wife from the health plan while the divorce is pending, you could be held in contempt of court.
5. Can I stop my husband from putting his girlfriend on his life insurance policy as the beneficiary?
The policyholder can name whomever he wants as the beneficiary, Feldman says.
But if you're going through a divorce, then court orders are likely in effect to prevent your husband from changing the beneficiary on the policy while the divorce is pending.Sometimes exes keep each other as beneficiaries on their life insurance policies after divorce if they have children together. But if they are no longer financially dependent on one another, exes typically change the beneficiary once they've split up for good. You can try to dispute a beneficiary after the policyholder dies, but the matter has to go to court and is no easy task. "A life insurance company is not authorized to evaluate the legitimacy of evidence brought against the insured and, in most cases, it is not easy for those disputing beneficiaries to prove their case before a judge," Feldman says. "An insurance policy is considered a signed contract that is irrefutable, and it can be particularly difficult to prove fraud."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV