ATD Announces Commercial Trucks Of The Year
ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Truck Dealers (ATD) announced today the winners of the 2013 ATD Commercial Truck of the Year, an award recognizing the top truck entries in the heavy- and medium-duty categories.
The Kenworth T680 76-inch Sleeper with PACCAR MX Engine was selected for the heavy-duty (Class 8) category. Tom Berg, chief judge, said the truck impressed the judging panel with its comfort and driveability, including its pulling power from the engine, easy shifting of its 10-speed manual transmission and well set-up gauges and controls.
"I think the reason we produced this award winning truck is due to the efforts of the last four years during which we found customers were looking for significant fuel savings, high visibility, high tech equipment and enjoyment," Gary Moore, general manager of Kenworth and PACCAR vice president. "Our customers are looking for a complete home, office and work package."
Moore also said that leaders at his company look forward to introducing more fuel-efficient trucks in answer to customer needs.Hino 195h was selected for the medium-duty (Class 3-7) category after impressing the judges with its comfort, great visibility, maneuverability, high-tech equipment and smooth, fuel-saving operation. "On behalf of the entire team, we want to thank ATD for this award," said Robert McDowell, Hino senior vice president, sales and customer support. "We are extremely proud Hino won the ATD medium-duty truck award for the third time in its four years of existence." After accepting the award, McDowell underscored that Hino started building hybrids in the 1970s and entered the truck market in the 1980s. The current models only previews the innovations to come, he said. "We are working with natural gas and other green fuels for different trucks," McDowell added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV