110th American International Toy Fair Transforms NYC Into Massive Playground
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- An estimated 33,000 toy industry insiders from 100 countries gathered in anticipation at New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center this morning, where the 110th annual American International Toy Fair ( Feb. 10-13) opened its doors for four, fun-filled days of business-building, networking, trend-spotting, and more.
Owned and operated by the Toy Industry Association (TIA), Toy Fair ( Feb. 10-13) is expected to draw nearly 20,000 retailers, wholesalers, importers, buying groups and trade guests to scope out 150,000 innovative toys, games and youth entertainment products across a record-breaking 375,000 net square feet of exhibit space.
More than 1,000 companies – 239 of which are exhibiting at Toy Fair for the very first time – will reveal their hottest toys and product lines – including tried-and-true classic and nostalgic playthings; DIY design, construction toys, arts and creative activities; extreme and outdoor sporting equipment; licensed figures and accessories; virtual / augmented reality games; and more. The Toy Fair playground is divided into 13 specific product zones to keep the experience focused and efficient."The American International Toy Fair is the world's one-and-only gateway to all of the creativity, innovation and talent originating in the North American marketplace," said Carter Keithley, TIA President. "From big-name toy companies and top-selling retailers, to exciting new start-ups and specialty stores, Toy Fair provides our foreign and domestic guests with exclusive access to every aspect of this great industry." The show kicked off this morning with a live performance from the star of the hit Broadway musical, Annie; following the ribbon-cutting ceremony, nearly 14,000 registered buyers from 7,650 unique retail outlets swarmed Toy Fair's aisles in search of the next big thing. In addition to business-building, trend-spotting and licensing opportunities, Toy Fair is offering its diverse audience with unparalleled educational seminars, networking events and special activities. For information about TIA's Content Connection, the Digital Kids Conference & Digital Kids Safety Summit, TIA's Annual Toy Safety and Compliance Update, Independent Thinking and Creative Factor seminars, and more, be sure to visit the Education section of ToyFairNY.com or consult the on-site signage at the Javits Center for details. TIA trend experts have already scoured the show floor and discovered some major toy trends for 2013:
- So Retro!Nostalgic, classic and vintage playthings that bring families together in reminiscent fun.
- Pop Culture PersuasionDIY toys inspired by the success of reality TV shows that celebrate the talent and skills of contestants.
- 360 Degree PlayTech toys that integrate real and virtual worlds or allow players to 'change' the physical world as they play.
- Enticing Teens and TweensLicensed accessories and traditional board games tap into a desire to engage with something other than a computer or TV screen.
- 24/7 PlayToys that are compact, portable and multi-functioning appeal to busy families and value-conscious parents.
- Construction CrazeBuilding are hotter than ever, with many manufacturers diversifying their lines, launching innovations in building and introducing new licenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV