LEGO® Friends Wins Prestigious Toy Of The Year Award
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR -- LEGO Systems, Inc., the world's leading construction toy manufacturer, took top honors when LEGO® Friends received the Toy of the Year (T.O.T.Y.) Award for Best Toy. The honor was bestowed at the Toy Industry Association (TIA)'s annual gala to celebrate the best and most innovative toys, held Saturday, February 9, at New York City's Plaza Hotel. In all, LEGO products took home four awards; three for LEGO Friends – Activity, Girls and Overall Toy of the Year – and one for LEGO Architecture – Specialty Toy of the Year.
"We are thrilled that LEGO Friends was chosen as the gold standard for toys", said Soren Torp Laursen, president, LEGO Systems. "LEGO toys have always endeavored to introduce and engage children with construction building in new and unexpected ways, so we are honored that LEGO Friends and Architecture have accomplished that goal and been recognized for toy excellence by both the industry and consumers."
In 2012, the LEGO Group launched LEGO Friends, a new play theme that tailors the iconic LEGO construction experience especially to girls ages five and up. LEGO Friends delivers on a girl's desire for realistic role-play, creativity, and a highly-detailed, character-based world with the core values of LEGO building. It is one of the most researched and exciting launches in company history, and tells the storied adventures of 5 girls who live, work and play in Heartlake City, giving girls an exciting new way to engage with LEGO play.LEGO Architecture Introduced in 2008, LEGO Architecture celebrates the past, present and future of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick. The models explore the fascinating worlds of architecture, engineering and construction while inspiring minds of all ages as they learn about the world's most iconic buildings and structures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV