Alabama Truck Dealer Wins National Award
ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hundreds of truck dealers stood up and cheered as Drew Linn, Jr., president of Southland International Trucks in Homewood, Ala., accepted the national award for Truck Dealer of the Year.
Although some recipients of various high-level awards in other industries use their acceptance speeches to boost their own accomplishments, Linn used the platform to commend his employees.
"We're very proud of the entire dealership," Linn said at the American Truck Dealers (ATD) Convention and Expo. "It's an accomplishment made possible by our 200 dealership employees.""I spend more and more of my time coaching all these people, because the team's getting bigger," Linn said in remarks prior to the award presentation. "I love the interaction with customers, but I love even more the interaction with the people [with whom I work]. The older I get, the more gratifying it is to see them become successful." The award is co-sponsored by ATD and Heavy Duty Trucking magazine. Linn was selected from an elite group of truck dealers, including Steve Bacalis, president & CEO of Tom Nehl Truck Co. in Jacksonville, Fla., who was named a finalist. " Drew Linn exemplifies the contribution of American truck dealers to our nation's businesses and its economy," said Lynn W. McGee, chair of the 2013 selection committee. "For his consistent, exceptional performance during his more than 46 years in the industry, he was selected as the national winner." Nominees for the award are evaluated on several categories, including dealership performance, civic contributions and industry leadership. The winner was chosen by a panel of professors from Indiana University's Kelley School of Business. The NADA and ATD conventions run Feb. 8-11 at the Orange County Convention Center. For up-to-minute news coverage, visit www.nadafrontpage.com/NADA2013.xml . About ATD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV