640,000 Without Power: Storm Update
BOSTON -- The massive snowstorm that swept across the Northeast has knocked out power to almost 640,000 homes and businesses.
Officials say wet, heavy snow and high winds snapped power lines. More than 650,000 were without power at the storm's peak.
Massachusetts is hardest hit, with more than 400,000 without power Saturday. In neighboring Rhode Island, about 180,000 customers have lost power. Utilities in both states warned that it could be days before service is restored.
Connecticut's largest utility reports power failures affecting 38,000 homes and businesses. On New York's Long Island, about 10,000 lost power.In Maine, about 12,000 customers lost power at the storm's peak. Officials in New Jersey say just a few thousand customers lost power, and nearly all had their service restored Saturday. A few hundred failures were reported in New Hampshire.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV