(1) Resilience of the Franchise Model – "Past predictions of radical change threatening our industry have not come true. Experts predicted the onset of multi-branding, widespread build-to-order and the bypassing of traditional retail channels," Underriner said. "None of these changes have happened, thanks to the resilience of the franchise model."(2) Current Trends Continue – Present trends with increased sales per store, higher consumer expectations and increased reliance on technology will continue. The report concludes that the "rate of change may be slower than many pundits might expect," he added, since car transactions are both complex and highly regulated.
NADA's Underriner: Factory Top-Down Control Never Works
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.