EU NewsBrief: EU Leaders Strike Budget Deal
WASHINGTON, Feb, 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- European leaders today reached an important agreement on a balanced and growth-oriented common budget for the European Union.
Noting that this compromise shows a sense of collective responsibility from Europe's leaders, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy highlighted that the 2014-2020 budget is future-oriented, realistic, and driven by pressing concerns. "I'm satisfied that all along this negotiation we kept the bigger picture in mind. Even in such difficult economic conditions, we have managed to keep essential factors of continuity and of growth."
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso welcomed leaders' endorsement of an ambitious trade agenda, noting that "the Commission will push ahead to realize the full potential of an integrated transatlantic free trade agreement." He said that widening the trade agenda with the United States and Japan would be transformative not only for the European economy, but for the international economy.
More information:European Council conclusions: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/ec/135324.pdf Remarks by President Herman Van Rompuy: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_Data/docs/pressdata/en/ec/135339.pdf Remarks by President Jose Manuel Barroso: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-13-112_en.htm?locale=env VIDEO: Press briefing: http://tvnewsroom.consilium.europa.eu/event/european-council-february-2013-day-2 SOURCE Delegation of the European Union to the United States
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV