Image Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of RLJ Entertainment (NASDAQ: RLJE), has picked up all U.S. rights to Mandate Pictures’ Paradise , the much-anticipated directorial debut of Academy Award ® winner Diablo Cody. Based on her original screenplay, Paradise stars Julianne Hough ( Rock of Ages, Footloose), Russell Brand ( Rock of Ages, Despicable Me), Octavia Spencer (Academy Award ® winner for The Help), Nick Offerman (“Parks and Recreation”) and Holly Hunter ( The Incredibles, Academy Award ® winner for The Piano). Bill Bromiley, Chief Acquisitions Officer for Image Entertainment, made today’s announcement at the 2013 Berlin Film Festival.
“Diablo Cody is a terrific storyteller and her gift is evident in this film, Paradise ,” commented Bromiley. “It has a talented cast and we know audiences will love the film. We are thrilled to be in business with her and the Paradise team.”
“I’m thrilled to be able to share our labor of love with the world,” added Cody. “I had such a great cast and crew to work with and it shows.”
The comedy follows a sheltered young woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash and decides to go to Las Vegas to experience the wild side of life. On her journey, she meets unlikely companions (Brand and Spencer) who inadvertently help her find her true self. Mason Novick ( 500 Days of Summer) produced the film. Executive producers include Nathan Kahane ( Hope Springs), Nicole Brown ( 50/50) and Diablo Cody. Matt Leonetti, Jr. and Dave Koplan co-produced.The deal was negotiated by Bill Bromiley, Mark Ward and Michael Bayer on behalf of Image Entertainment and Liesl Copland of WME Global along with Dan Freedman on behalf of Mandate Pictures. International sales are being handled by Lionsgate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV