SBA Offers Disaster Assistance To Georgia Residents Affected By Severe Storms And Tornadoes In Bartow And Gordon Counties
WASHINGTON, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Georgia residents and businesses affected by severe storms and tornadoes on Jan. 30 can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration, SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills announced today.
Administrator Mills made the loans available in response to a Feb. 5th letter from the governor's authorized representative Charley English, requesting an SBA disaster declaration. The declaration covers Bartow and Gordon counties and the adjacent counties of Cherokee, Cobb, Floyd, Gilmer, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Walker and Whitfield in Georgia .
"The SBA is strongly committed to providing the people of Georgia with the most effective and customer-focused response possible to assist homeowners, renters, and businesses of all sizes with federal disaster loans," said Administrator Mills. "Getting businesses and communities up and running after a disaster is our highest priority at SBA.""Loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. Homeowners and renters are eligible for loans up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property," said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA's Field Operations Center East in Atlanta. "SBA's Customer Service Representatives are on hand at the Disaster Loan Outreach Centers to issue applications, and assist survivors with completing their applications," Skaggs added. The centers are located in the following communities and are open as indicated until further notice:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV