Special Olympics Georgia Hosts Fourth Annual Polar Plunge Fundraiser
ATLANTA, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Plungers will "bear" the cold waters at LanierWorld at Sunset Cove on February 16 to support the athletes of Special Olympics Georgia in the fourth annual Polar Plunge fundraiser.
The Polar Plunge is one of the "coolest" fundraisers where participants raise money and plunge into the chilly waters of Lake Lanier. The plungers bring quite the excitement to the fundraiser by dressing up in crazy costumes and celebrating the success of their fundraising in which all of the proceeds benefit Special Olympics Georgia.
Participants must raise a minimum of $50 to plunge. All plungers will receive a commemorative Plunge long sleeve t-shirt and additional incentives and prizes will be given to the plungers who raise $150 and more. Registration begins at 11 a.m. and is until 1p.m. The Plunge is at 2 p.m.
Time is ticking but it's not too late to get involved! Participants can also set up their own online FirstGiving fundraising page at http://www.firstgiving.com/soga/polar-plunge-2013. For more information and to register, please visit www.PolarPlungeGA.com. Please join us for a wild and crazy event that is fun for the whole family!Special Olympics Georgia (SOGA) Mission Statement: SOGA provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for 24,470 children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills, and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. For more information visit www.SpecialOlympicsGA.org. SOURCE Special Olympics Georgia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV