CAW Announces Tentative Agreement For Sunwing Pilots
TORONTO, Feb. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Today the CAW reached its first tentative agreement with Sunwing Airlines. CAW Local 7378 represents over 150 professional airline pilots at Sunwing.
"We negotiated through a number of very difficult issues at the bargaining table and were able to reach an agreement that we feel meets the needs of our membership," said Captain Dave Matkovich, president of CAW Local 7378. "It was the strength and support of our members, and the tireless work of our bargaining committee that made this tentative agreement possible."
"We will be taking the tentative agreement to our membership for a ratification vote in a series of meetings across the country during the last week of February," stated Matkovich.
Details of the three-year agreement will be released upon ratification."The airline sector is incredibly challenging and we've proven many times over that having the backing of a strong union makes a big difference for airline staff, regardless of their profession or job," said Ron Smith, CAW Transportation Director. Sunwing pilots joined the CAW in January 2012. The CAW represents 11,600 members in the air transportation sector including pilots of Morningstar Air Express, PropAir, Sunwing Airlines, and CargoJet. SOURCE Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV