The Commerce Bancshares, Inc. board of directors today named John W. Kemper president and chief operating officer of Commerce Bancshares, Inc. In this position, Kemper will have responsibility for directing the company’s strategy and line operations, working closely with market and business line leadership. David W. Kemper, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Commerce Bancshares, Inc., made the announcement.
Since joining Commerce in 2007, John Kemper has served in a number of roles, leading bank strategy and M&A overseeing the bank’s credit card businesses; and serving as chairman of Capital for Business, the bank’s private equity subsidiary. Most recently, as Commerce Bancshares’ chief administrative officer, he assumed overall responsibility for bank credit and non-credit risk, legal, compliance and human resources.
“Over the last six years, John has distinguished himself by steering strategic planning for the company and by directly overseeing many of Commerce’s key growth areas,” David W. Kemper said. “John has shown strong leadership in working with all of our markets, lines of business, and internal support services and, as such, is well suited to undertake this new role and challenge.”
“I am honored to serve Commerce Bank in this role,” John Kemper said. “In this challenging time for the banking industry, Commerce is uniquely well positioned to navigate regulatory and economic change. We believe our bank’s super community model will continue to allow us to serve the communities where we live and work, and to do it with industry leading products and capabilities. We at the bank are all looking forward to a bright future, and I’m glad to help contribute to our success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV