Rick Steves And Andrew McCarthy To Headline The Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show returns to the Santa Clara Convention Center, February 16-17, offering a star-studded line up of celebrity travel experts, hands-on activities, live entertainment, delicious foods and more.
Returning to the Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show is Rick Steves, author of the popular Guidebook series and host of " Rick Steves' Europe." He will be sharing advice on smart European travel and explain practical, money-saving tips. Rick will also cover how to enjoy Italy economically and efficiently, along with highlighting his favorite destinations - from Venice, Florence, and Rome to the Amalfi Coast.
Also joining the speakers this year is movie star and award winning travel writer Andrew McCarthy. Though best known for his roles in films like "Pretty in Pink" and "St. Elmo's Fire," he is also editor-at-large at National Geographic Traveler and was named 2010 "Travel Journalist of the Year" by The Society of American Travel Writers. His recent travel memoir, "The Longest Way Home," became a New York Times bestseller and was named one of the Best Books of 2012 by the Financial Times of London.
Patricia Schultz, acclaimed author of the #1 New York Times bestseller "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" series, will discuss the many destinations she has visited over the years, highlighting some of her favorite places and experiences. As a veteran travel journalist, Schultz has over 25 years of experience and has written for guides such as Frommer's and Berlitz.The Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show also features over 200 destination experts and tour operators presenting thousands of travel options. A number of the exhibitors will provide giveaways, prizes, and show-exclusive discounts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV