READING, Pa., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If the wet, heavy snow and strong winds from the nor'easter cause power interruptions, mobile optimized websites and new mobile apps for Metropolitan Edison (Met-Ed), Pennsylvania Electric Company (Penelec) and West Penn Power can be used by customers to report their outages and learn about the companies' overall restoration efforts.
The free app is available for Apple® iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. Met-Ed, Penelec and West Penn Power customers can use the keyword "FirstEnergy" to locate the apps in the online store. A new mobile website is also available to customers who use a smartphone to visit www.met-ed.com , www.penelec.com , and www.west-penn-power.com.
Features of the websites and apps include:
- A simple power outage reporting process and access to the company's 24/7 Power Center outage maps;
- A click-to-call feature to reach customer service and links to the company's social media sites;
- One-click access to the full company website from each page of the mobile site.
Even if a customer's home is without power as a result of severe weather, mobile phones can be charged with a car charger. By using a smartphone, customers will continue to have online access until Met-Ed, Penelec and West Penn Power are able to restore electric service.In addition to the mobile app, Met-Ed, Penelec and West Penn Power customers can find the latest outage information via Twitter: @Penelec, @Met_Ed and @W_Penn_Power In a large-scale weather event such as the nor'easter, Met-Ed, Penelec and West Penn Power encourage customers to plan ahead for the possibility of electric service interruptions by following these tips:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts