In addition, the company has recently introduced the following programs and initiatives to help its customers:
- Simplified wireless rate plans, including unlimited text and voice, making it easier for customers to understand their plans.
- FLEXtab, a program that allows customers to pay off their device subsidy at any time.
- Rogers Device Protection and Rogers Anti-Theft, services that offer customers enhanced protection on their wireless device.
- Rogers TechXpert for wireless and Rogers TechXpert for high speed internet customers offering extended technical support, 24/7
- Tech Essentials, a new education program to help consumers better understand how to use technology safely and smartly.
"These are just a few examples of steps we're taking to continually respond to customer feedback and to create a better experience for our customers," said Doshi. "We know Canadians want their wireless experience to be simpler and easier…we've listened to their input on the national wireless consumer code and we support having a single set of wireless standards across the country to provide equal ease of use for consumers from coast to coast."
In March of 2012, Rogers led the industry and proposed a draft national wireless consumer code to the CRTC. In early
, Rogers reaffirmed its support for a national wireless consumer code that will lead to strong consumer ease of use standards that treat Canadians equally. Today, different rules apply in different provinces when it comes to contracts, cancellation policies, renewals and more. Having a single set of standards across the country would make it easier for customers to know what to expect from their service provider, no matter where they live in
Rogers will provide its view and looks forward to hearing more from Canadians at the upcoming CRTC hearing starting
February 11, 2013
Planning to roam before the spring? Don't worry, Rogers has got you covered with our existing line-up of affordable and easy to use roaming packs and passes. For more information, visit
About Rogers Communications:
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are
largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of
leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the
Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit
SOURCE Rogers Wireless and Cable