With the threat of snow seemingly a weekly occurrence, New Jersey American Water reminds homeowners and local businesses to keep areas surrounding fire hydrants clear so firefighters can connect their equipment without delays. Deep snow can obstruct fire hydrants and surrounding areas and become a hindrance in fighting fires successfully.
“Easy access to fire hydrants is critical in the event of a fire emergency,” said New Jersey American Water President David Baker. “We ask our customers to assist firefighters by keeping the areas clear around hydrants that supply water necessary to keep communities safe.”
New Jersey American Water maintains more than 43,000 fire hydrants throughout the state.
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest investor-owned U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV