David W. Kemper, chairman of the Board of Directors of Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH), announced today the election of Terry Bassham to the Board of Directors. Mr. Bassham is president and chief executive officer of Great Plains Energy and KCP&L. “We are very pleased to announce the appointment of Terry Bassham to the Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Board of Directors,” commented David W. Kemper. “Terry is a seasoned businessman and leader in one of our economy’s key sectors and will provide our board with valuable insight.”
Mr. Bassham has been instrumental in leading KCP&L’s comprehensive energy plan, an ambitious initiative that included building 100 megawatts of wind power, installing environmental retrofits at several generating facilities and constructing Iatan 2, an 850-megawatt coal-fired power plant. The Board of Directors increased the number of directors from 11 to 12 to accommodate Mr. Bassham’s addition to the Board.
About Commerce Bank
Commerce Bank, is a subsidiary of Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBSH), a $22.2 billion regional bank holding company. For more than 145 years, Commerce Bank has been meeting the financial services needs of individuals and businesses. Commerce Bank provides a diversified line of financial services, including business and personal banking, wealth management, financial planning, and investments through its affiliated companies. Commerce Bank operates in more than 360 retail locations in the Central United States and has a nationwide presence in the commercial payments industry. Commerce Bancshares also has operating subsidiaries involved in mortgage banking, leasing, credit-related insurance, private equity and real estate activities.For additional information, please visit www.commercebank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV