UFCW Local 951 Endorses Lon Johnson For Michigan Democratic Party Chair
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 951 announced its support of Lon Johnson in his bid to replace Mark Brewer as chairperson of the Michigan Democratic Party, a position Brewer has held since 1995.
"On a state level, the last few elections have been devastating for workers and their families. Democrats need to turn things around in 2014 if the middle class is going to continue to exist in Michigan," John Cakmakci, UFCW 951 president, said. "To achieve our goals in the 2014 election, Michigan Democrats need to change the way we do business. We need to be more effective and unite our party so the victories we have been able to achieve on a national level can be replicated here at home. I believe Lon can be the agent for this change."
For more than 20 years, Johnson has served in critical strategic roles for political campaigns and committees, advocacy organizations and businesses, including key positions at the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Congressman John Dingell's 2002 campaign. In 2012, he ran for the Michigan State House of Representatives in the 103rd District, and received more than 47 percent of the vote in a Republican district.
"I got to know Lon during his campaign for State Representative. The local endorsed his candidacy and myself and other members actively campaigned for him," Cakmakci said. "I found Lon to be a smart, hardworking, innovative and progressive leader who cares deeply about the state and making life better for all its residents, not just the one percent."Johnson has also received the support of the entire Michigan Democratic Congressional Delegation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV