Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the availability of real-time spectrum analysis (RTSA) for its PXA X-Series signal analyzers. Agilent’s RTSA delivers unmatched probability of intercept (POI), analysis bandwidth, sensitivity, and frequency range—capabilities that make it the best way for system developers and signal analysts to see, capture and understand highly elusive signals.
In applications such as radar, electronic warfare and military communications, POI is the key benchmark for RTSA. When configured for real-time spectrum analysis, the PXA can detect intermittent signals with durations as short as 3.57 µs, which is the best POI currently available.
“Even at the extremes of signal analysis, a high-performance analyzer should be ready for anything—and that’s why RTSA is an upgrade option to the PXA,” said Guy Séné, president of Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group. “Only the real-time PXA combines a high-performance signal analyzer and real-time analysis. It gives users greater confidence that they’ve achieved a detailed understanding of what’s happening inside a signal-rich system or environment.”
To help detect more signals in less time, Agilent’s real-time PXA provides an industry-leading 75-dB spurious-free dynamic range across analysis bandwidths of up to 160 MHz. This enables users to place deep and wide measurements anywhere within a measurement range of 50 GHz.In addition to its industry-leading sensitivity of -157 dBm at 10 GHz (no preamp), the PXA also provides the ability to vary the resolution bandwidth within a measurement span. With this combination of capabilities, users are better able to resolve closely spaced signals, identify intermittent low-level signals and further improve POI. For deeper analysis and thorough characterization of complex signals, a real-time PXA seamlessly integrates with Agilent 89600 VSA software. This combination of capabilities enables users to find the root cause of signal problems with advanced troubleshooting tools that support measurements in the time, frequency and modulation domains. The software also provides connections to Agilent instruments such as vector signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators to play back captured signals as inputs to a device under test. Pricing and availability RTSA is available as two upgrade options for new and existing PXA signal analyzers. Both options are available now worldwide. List prices are as follows:
- N9030AK-RT1 real-time spectrum analyzer up to 85-MHz bandwidth: $7,224.
- N9030AK-RT2 real-time spectrum analyzer up to 160-MHz bandwidth: $10,320.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV