An Obamacare Winner
In his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Keiran Gallahue, chairman and CEO of CareFusion (CFN), a company that had an earnings beat of 10 cents a share on a 2.1% rise in revenue and better than expected gross margins. Shares of CareFusion are up 26% since Cramer last spoke with Gallahue in November 2011.
Gallahue said that when it comes to the new Obamacare rules, CareFusion comes out a big winner. He said hospitals, more than ever, need to both reduce their cost of care as well as improve patient safety, and that's exactly what CareFusion's products are designed to help them do.
When asked about the company being spun off from Cardinal Health (CAH), Gallahue said that it was critical that CareFusion, a technology company, be spun off from its non-technology parent. He said that as a tech company, the investments are different, the timelines are different. For CareFusion, a healthy research and development budget is critical, all of which they're better able to manage now that it is a standalone company.Cramer said that investors looking for a pure play on health care should look no further than CareFusion.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer pondered what the next move might be for Apple (AAPL), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV