United Nations Foundation, Shell, Tribal Brands To Join With Artists In The Entertainment Industry To Celebrate The Global Launch Of MPowering Action
mPowering Action incentivizes youth to learn and engage through two popular mediums: the universal language of music and the ubiquity of the mobile phone. Bringing together A-list artists from around the world, a mobile application was developed by Tribal Brands that will offer young people everywhere exclusive content from globally recognized artists, as well as athletes and other celebrities, in exchange for a story or personal commitment to take action in one of five issue areas:
- Education – especially as it relates to young women and girls;
- Health inclusive of maternal health, vaccinations, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria;
- Reproductive and Sexual Rights;
- Energy Scarcity, Climate Change and Resource Management; and
- Jobs, Apprenticeships and Workforce development.
By working with organizations like the UN Foundation and Shell, mPowering Action aims to invite people into this process, providing a cross-sector approach to mobilizing 100 million young people to address some of the most pertinent development and resource management issues of our time.
"At the UN Foundation, our goal is to connect people and ideas with resources to help the global community solve challenging problems now and in the future," said Kathy Calvin, Chief Executive Officer of the United Nations Foundation. "Mobile technology is at the heart of finding solutions to these problems and creating opportunities for young people. With the ubiquity of mobile technology and innovative platforms like mPowering Action, we are beginning to see the power of mobile tools and the potential of incentives for action in all corners of the world. We welcome and celebrate the mPowering Action approach that matches groundbreaking technology with people who care about global issues and want to support UN causes."
As part of the launch event, the UN Foundation and mPowering Action's lead corporate partner, Shell, are calling on the global nonprofit, entertainment and corporate communities to learn more about the initiative and join efforts to help reach billions of youth around the world, encouraging them to take part in creating a better future for themselves and their communities. The launch of the platform serves as a call-to-action to help reinvent the way organizations, the entertainment industry and corporations implement and measure social good and corporate social responsibility programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV