Senator Reinert And Representative Norton Introduce Dental Legislation
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Minnesota Dental Association commends Senator Roger Reinert ( Duluth) and Representative Kim Norton ( Rochester) for authoring a bill introduced on Thursday that would positively impact Medical Assistance (MA) patient access to care.
The bill, Senate File 302 and House File 408, would update MA base reimbursement rates to 75% of the 2011 median dental fee schedule. The reimbursement rate has not been updated for nearly 15 years.
"The proposed legislation would bring dental fee reimbursement rates in line with current dental fee schedules," stated Dr. Michael Flynn, President of the Minnesota Dental Association. "The current rate of reimbursement for MA providers is based on the 1989 fee schedule, which is woefully inadequate for providers striving to meet the needs of Minnesota's public program patients."The Minnesota Dental Association's top legislative priority is making sure that every Minnesotan has access to quality dental care and is committed to finding workable, bipartisan solutions to eliminate the barriers to care faced by the underserved population in our state. This legislation is a step toward repairing a broken system as dental providers prepare for thousands of new MA patients entering the system under the Affordable Care Act. The Minnesota Dental Association is the voice of dentistry in Minnesota, representing 78% of practicing dentists. It is committed to the highest standards of oral health and access to care for all Minnesotans. Learn more at: www.mndental.org . SOURCE Minnesota Dental Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV