ROSWELL, Ga., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the 2012-2013 influenza season reaching epidemic levels across the U.S., Kimberly-Clark is continuing to increase production of face masks and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) products in response to increased customer demand from acute care facilities across the country.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the flu season began earlier than usual this year and is shaping up to be more severe than in years past. Kimberly-Clark, the market leader in facial protection in the U.S., has been closely monitoring CDC data and adjusting manufacturing schedules and inventory management in anticipation of continued increased demand from current customers for PPE, including face mask products.
"The health and safety of our valued customers and their patients is our most important priority," said John Amat, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kimberly-Clark Health Care. "Kimberly-Clark representatives are proactively reaching out to all of our current customers to assure them that with our North America-based product supply, we can continue to provide the highest quality facial protection products throughout the flu season."To further help customers, their patients and consumers prevent the spread of the flu, Kimberly-Clark recommends these simple prevention precautions:
- Get vaccinated - The CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against this serious virus.
- Pay attention to hand hygiene - One of the best ways to help prevent the spread of the flu is to wash your hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Contain the germs - Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. This will block the spread of droplets from your mouth or nose that could contain germs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV