The Nasdaq (3165): Quarterly and annual value levels are 3071, 2806 and 2790 with the Sept. 21, 2012 high at 3196.93 and my monthly risky level at 3250.
The Nasdaq 100 Index (2747): Annual value levels are 2463 and 2385 with a quarterly and monthly risky levels at 2798 and 2871.
The Dow Transportation Average (5887.34): Ended Thursday at yet another new all-time closing high, which is amazing considering that the transportation sector is 20.4% overvalued. My annual, monthly and quarterly value levels are 5469, 5440 and 5094 with annual and semiannual risky levels at 5925 and 5955.
The Russell 2000 (908.10): Annual, quarterly and annual value levels are 860.25, 821.01 and 809.54 with a monthly pivot at 911.32 and semiannual risky level at 965.51.The PHLX Semiconductor Sector Index (419.26): Quarterly and annual value levels are 371.62 and 338.03 with a monthly pivot at 409.08, and quarterly and semiannual risky levels at 440.36 and 520.17. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV