Sterne Agee's Shaw Wu questioned whether "shareholders will approve as it is only a slight premium to its current stock price."
The traditional PC market continues to decline thanks to the growth of tablets, and Dell's transition to turn itself into a software and services company is taking much longer than Dell's management or shareholders anticipated.
Dell shares were trading slightly lower in premarket trading Friday, off 0.07% at $13.52.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV