Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) announced today that, due to the ongoing accounting review announced on November 15, 2012, the Company is unable to report revenue and earnings information for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. The Company will not be hosting an earnings call at this time, and is providing selected business highlights as follows:
- Fourth quarter unit shipments were in line with the Company’s expectations.
- Fourth quarter 2012 bookings were $92.3 million, up from the $83.7 million booked in the third quarter of 2012. Q4 2012 bookings were: MOCVD $62.8 million, MBE $12.6 million (LED & Solar total $75.4 million), and Data Storage bookings $16.9 million. Total bookings for the year were $392 million.
- At the end of the fourth quarter, Veeco took a $16M adjustment to reduce backlog across its businesses.
- The Company’s unaudited cash balance at December 31, 2012 was $579 million, up from $574 million at September 30, 2012.
- Veeco’s focus on cost controls has been ongoing. Fourth quarter operating costs (unaudited) are expected to be roughly flat with the third quarter (in spite of higher professional costs associated with the ongoing accounting review) .
John R. Peeler, Veeco’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our revenue recognition accounting review is ongoing, and we hope to be able to provide an update on our progress soon. While we cannot provide revenue and earnings information at this time, fourth quarter shipments, bookings, and operating expenses are expected to come in about where we planned. Bookings improved a bit sequentially from the third quarter due to some important research wins in our MBE business. We are pleased that the Company continued to increase our cash balance in this overall challenging environment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV