AUBURN, Wash., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) said today that it is pleased that members of Teamsters Local 117 have voted to ratify its latest contract offer. Union members approved the proposed collective bargaining agreement, which will carry a five-year term, and they will return to work immediately. The Company plans to accommodate all returning workers. According to the agreement terms, both sides agree to withdraw and not re-file all pending Unfair Labor Practice claims.
"UNFI is pleased to welcome back our associates," commented Sean Griffin, UNFI Group President. "We appreciate the hard work and diligence of the negotiating teams and mediator in reaching a fair and equitable agreement and now look to move forward together as a Company."
About United Natural Foods
United Natural Foods, Inc. ( http://www.unfi.com) carries and distributes more than 65,000 products to more than 27,000 customer locations throughout the United States and Canada. The Company serves a wide variety of retail formats including conventional supermarket chains, natural product superstores, independent retail operators and the food service channel. United Natural Foods, Inc. was ranked by Fortune in 2006 – 2010 and 2012 as one of its "Most Admired Companies," winner of the Supermarket News 2008 Sustainability Excellence Award, recognized by the Nutrition Business Journal for its 2009 Environment and Sustainability Award and chosen by Food Logistics Magazine as one of its 2012 Top 20 Green Providers.For more information on United Natural Foods, Inc., visit the Company's website at www.unfi.com. SOURCE United Natural Foods, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV