Leasing – COPT completed a total of 1.4 million and 3.3 million square feet of leasing, respectively, for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. During these same periods, the Company’s respective renewal rates were 86% and 64%. For the quarter and year ended December 31, 2012, total rent on renewed space increased 3.9% and 2.2%, respectively, as measured from the straight-line rent in effect preceding the renewal date; on a cash basis, renewal rents increased 1.0% in the fourth quarter of 2012 and decreased 4.2% for the year versus 2011.
Investment Activity for the year ended December 31, 2012:
Construction – At December 31, 2012, the Company had 11 properties totaling 1.4 million square feet under construction for a total projected cost of $288.7 million, of which $154.0 million had been incurred which was 67% pre-leased.
Acquisitions – During 2012, the Company acquired one building located at 13857 McLearen Road in Herndon, Virginia, with 202,000 square feet for $48.3 million.Dispositions – In 2012, as part of the Company’s Strategic Reallocation Plan, COPT disposed of 35 buildings aggregating 2.3 million square feet for $317.6 million. Capital Transactions in 2012: In February, the Company entered into a $250 million term loan agreement with its bank group. The Term Loan has a five-year term and a variable interest rate of LIBOR plus 1.65% to 2.40%, depending on the Company’s leverage levels. The Company used proceeds from the Term Loan to repay outstanding balances on its unsecured line of credit. In June, the Company issued $172.5 million dollars of Series L preferred shares with a 7.375% annual dividend. The Company used the proceeds to pay down its line of credit and redeemed all $55 million of its outstanding Series G preferred shares, which paid an 8% annual dividend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV