China Roars Ahead As Porsche's Fastest-growing Region
SHANGHAI, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2013, Porsche China expects to continue building upon its spectacular successes from the past year and further establish its position as the leading luxury sports car maker in the market. The marque set another sales record in 2012, delivering a total of 31,205 cars across mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau, realising a growth rate of 28.2 percent year-on-year, driven primarily by the outstanding sales performance of the Panamera and Cayenne models.
"Last year, Porsche once again set a new benchmark for itself in China," said Mr. Helmut Broeker, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche China. "We attribute this success to our proactive strategy, the commitment of our strong dealership network and workforce, and, of course, the exceptional loyalty of our customers… As we look ahead this year, we plan to continue carrying forward our product offensive with the launch of new hybrid vehicles, such as the 918 Spyder, and, of course, our new Macan SUV."
Key achievements of 2012 included:
- An unbroken record of 11 consecutive years of growth.
- The establishment of new Porsche Centres nationwide.
- Premieres of exciting new cars and upgraded models, including the Cayenne GTS, the Panamera Platinum Edition, the new 911, the Panamera GTS and the new generation of the Boxster.
- Receiving 23 industry honours from top auto media and organisations, nearly half in recognition of the new generation 911.
- Vast expansion of its China CSR programme. For the third year, Porsche partnered with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) to aid disadvantaged students across Sichuan, Gansu and Yunnan Provinces, contributing over 21 million RMB and 6 Cayenne SUVs in total. The marque and UNICEF also initiated their new Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) project across Shanxi and Guizhou. Porsche has pledged to support IECD with a donation of four Cayenne SUVs and a contribution of more than 23 million RMB to last until the end of 2014. By then, including the initial funds sent for disaster relief after the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, Porsche China will have committed a total donation of more than 50 million RMB in cash plus 10 Cayenne SUVs to UNICEF in China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV