'Young ICT Lady Of The Year' Winner Is Karen De Smet (Itineris/UMAX)
DEURLE, Belgium and GHENT, Belgium, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Karen De Smet, UMAX project manager at Itineris, was elected and awarded 'Young ICT Lady of the year' during the 'She goes ICT' competition organized by Data News.
From the start of the election Karen competed with 27 talented and ambitious candidates and in the finals she contended with Katty Verresen from RealDolmen and Mercedes Diaz from Accenture. After being grilled by the jury, she took home the title of 'Young ICT lady of the year,' during the award ceremony on the 7th of February 2013 in Brussels.
Who's Karen De Smet?
After graduating Suma Cum Laude with a Master's in Business Engineering in 2009, Karen (26) started her career as a functional consultant at Itineris. Initially, she was assigned to the finance domain for a specific project, but she quickly started learning about Itineris' five other domains out of curiosity and interest. Today, Karen is the project manager at E.ON, where she successfully implemented the Itineris UMAX solution for utility suppliers together with her team of Itineris consultants.Edgard Vermeersch, founder/CEO of Itineris, on Karen De Smet's victory: "We're very proud to count the 'Young ICT lady of the year' within our ranks. Fresh from school, Karen joined Itineris in September 2009 - as a functional consultant. It was clear from the onset that Karen was not an average 'junior' 'newbie'... Karen has achieved a lot at Itineris in a short time... Her determination, hard work, persuasion, tact and ambition have led her to one of the most senior managerial functions within our firm. I'm certain we will all hear more about Karen in the future!" What's 'She goes ICT'?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV