- Sales of $179.9 million in the second quarter were up 9% from the prior year
- Shipments of 61,972 MT increased 21% from the prior year
- EPS of $0.20 is up from $0.18 in the prior year
- Adjusted EPS of $0.15 is down from $0.22 in the prior year
- GSM declared a $0.0625 per share dividend to be paid on March 25 th to shareholders of record on March 15 th
NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSM), one of the world's largest and most efficient producers of silicon metal, today reported financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
Net sales in the Company's second quarter, ended December 31, 2012, reached $179.9 million, up 9% from $165.5 million in the same quarter of the prior year. Shipments of silicon and silicon-based alloy products were 61,972 metric tons in the quarter, up 21% from the year-ago period. Results in the second quarter include the Quebec Silicon acquisition which was completed in June 2012.
Net income attributable to GSM in the quarter was $15.1 million, up 12% from $13.4 million in the prior-year period. On a diluted per share basis, reported earnings for the second quarter reached $0.20, up from $0.18 per share in the same quarter a year ago. Excluding certain items, detailed in the table below, adjusted diluted earnings per share were $0.15 in the second quarter, down from $0.22 in the second quarter last year.Reported EBITDA in the second quarter reached $34.2 million, compared to $30.8 million in the prior year. Excluding certain items detailed in the table below, adjusted EBITDA was $30.2 million in the second quarter compared to $36.6 million in the prior year. Globe Specialty Metals' cash and cash equivalents, as of December 31, 2012, totalled $163.5 million and total debt was $153.1 million. Cash flow used by operating activities was $3.2 million in the quarter, including a $10.7 million increase in inventory and a $20.3 million decline in accrued expenses. Capital expenditures totalled $10.2 million and dividend payments to shareholders totalled $14.1 million in the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV