- Beer has been brewed at Wellpark for over 400 years, since 1556.
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- Since 2010, as part of an ongoing programme to help build a robust Scottish on trade, Tennent Caledonian has been offering investment finance to its free on trade partners to support cash flow, re-financing and growth plans
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market)
- In November 2012, the business raised £16,000 for Capability Scotland following its pledge to donate 5p of every pint sold on the day of Glasgow's Olympic homecoming parade
Tennent Caledonian Boosts Support For Scottish On-Trade With Price Freeze
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.