110th American International Toy Fair Brings 150,000 Toys And Games To New York City
Toy Fair 2013 Educational Sessions
- TIA's Content Connection ( Feb. 10 & 11) Geared toward the growing numbers of licensors and entertainment execs at Toy Fair, these sessions will tackle opportunities for traditional and e-enhanced toy manufacturers and designers and uncover new research about the preschool market; trends in global youth markets; and more.
- Digital Kids Safety Summit ( Feb. 11)Jointly produced by the kidSAFE® Seal Program and Engage Digital, the half-day Safety Summit will provide participants with a detailed understanding of safety and privacy issues for operators of kid-directed virtual worlds, social networks, online games, mobile apps and tablet services.
- Department of Commerce (DOC) Guide to Exporting: North & South of the Border ( Feb. 11)Led by a representative from the U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Administration, this free seminar will provide toy companies with key guidance on how to expand their businesses further into the global marketplace.
- Exploring the Domestic Chinese Market ( Feb. 11)The manager of a company that distributes and markets a portfolio of international toy brands in China will share insight about navigating the growing Chinese market.
- Toy Safety Keynote and TIA Toy Safety Compliance Update ( Feb. 12)Following a keynote address by CPSC Chair Inez Tenenbaum, TIA's annual safety update will highlight important changes in global, U.S. federal and state-specific toy safety requirements. Speakers include representatives of Health Canada and the European Commission.
- Creative Factor and Independent Thinking Sessions ( Feb. 10-13)These free presentations are targeted to Toy Fair's creative community and independent / specialty retailers. Each hour-long session will tackle a different topic – from customer service and staffing to marketing on a budget.
- 7th annual Digital Kids Conference ( Feb. 12 & 13)This two-day conference will bring youth-focused digital media executives, brand owners, and licensors together to learn critical information about engaging children online and through digital devices, the business side of digital games, marketing strategies, and innovation in the toy industry.
Toy Fair 2013 After-hours Events and Special Activities
- TIA's 13th annual TOTY (Toy of the Year) Awards will be held on Saturday, February 9 th at the iconic Plaza Hotel, honoring the best in toys and children's entertainment and celebrating the induction of Judith (Judy) Ellis, Chair of the Toy Design Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and the late Russell (Russ) Berrie, Founder of Russ Berrie Inc. into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame. This event supports the Toy Industry Foundation.
- The Toy Fair Opening Ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. on Sunday, February 10. A special guest star from the hit Broadway musical, Annie, will perform at the ribbon-cutting.
- The International Visitors' Welcome Reception at 6 p.m. on Sunday, February 10 will welcome international buyers, press and exhibitors.
- Toy Industry Next Generation (TING) Launch Party will take place on Monday, February 11 at 6 p.m. at the Parlour (247 W. 30 th Street between 7 th and 8 th Avenue). TING is a new TIA-endorsed networking and service organization for young toy industry professionals.
- The Toy Industry Foundation will hold its Toy Bank collection at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 13, collecting approximately 35,000 toys and games for children in need.
SOURCE Toy Industry Association
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts