AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported fourth quarter and annual results. The Company also updated the status of its previously announced plan to optimize certain European operations.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Summary
- Reported sales increased 5% (core sales increased 2% excluding currency and acquisition effects)
- Growth in the beauty, personal care, and beverage markets offset the anticipated softness in the generic allergy treatment market
- Latin America and Asia sales growth remained strong
- Reported earnings per share of $0.52 included the negative impact of $0.05 per share from charges related to the European Operations Optimization plan
- Aptar Stelmi contributed $0.03 to earnings per share
- Earnings were positively impacted by tax related items of $1.3 million, or approximately $0.02 per share
- Quarterly dividend increased 14% to $0.25 per share
FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended December 31, 2012, reported sales increased 5% to $571 million from $545 million a year ago. Recently acquired Aptar Stelmi contributed approximately $31 million or 6% to the quarterly sales growth. Changes in currency exchange rates negatively impacted sales by approximately 3%.
|Fourth Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
(Change Over Prior Year)
|Total Reported Growth||0||%||17||%||8||%||5||%|