Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Kenneth Bruce rates Visa a "buy," and on Thursday raised his price target for the shares to $180. The price target "is based on a 21x multiple to our 2014E EPS forecast of $8.55, at the higher-end of the company's historical multiple range," Bruce wrote.
The analyst said Visa's long-term performance justifies a significant premium for the stock over peers. "Despite an adverse regulatory environment and sluggish economic growth the past several years, V managed 30% EPS growth per annum, demonstrating its durable operating model and providing investors a defensive posture given the continued economic uncertainty."
Interested in more on Visa? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV