Westmoreland Coal Company (NasdaqGM:WLB) announced that Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. upgraded the issue-level rating on Westmoreland’s $275 million senior secured notes due 2018 to Caa1 from Caa2. In addition, Moody’s changed the outlook on the company from stable to positive. The corporate family rating of Caa1 was reaffirmed.
"We are delighted to see Moody’s acknowledge the significant progress Westmoreland has made on achieving our goals and successfully integrating Kemmerer into our business," said Robert P. King, Westmoreland's President and Chief Operating Officer. "Our strategy for strengthening the company’s financial position has resulted in deleveraging the balance sheet, increasing operating cash flow and growing EBITDA. Moody’s upgrade on our senior notes is a positive recognition of the company’s hard work."
About Westmoreland Coal Company
Westmoreland Coal Company is the oldest independent coal company in the United States. The Company’s coal operations include coal mining in the Powder River Basin in Montana, sub-bituminous mining in Wyoming, and lignite mining operations in Montana, North Dakota and Texas. Its power operations include ownership of the two-unit ROVA coal-fired power plant in North Carolina. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV