Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) today provided an update on its previously announced debt refinancing transactions that would extend the maturity of a portion of its outstanding indebtedness and lower interest expense. The refinancing transactions are now expected to include:
- the amendment and restatement of Rite Aid’s existing revolving credit facility;
- the refinancing of Rite Aid’s $1.039 billion Tranche 2 Term Loan due 2014 and a cash tender offer for Rite Aid’s $410.0 million aggregate principal amount of 9.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2016 with the proceeds of a new $1.125 billion first lien term loan, together with borrowings under the amended revolving credit facility. Rite Aid has currently received signed commitments for a $1.5 billion revolving credit facility. To the extent that Rite Aid receives additional commitments for the revolving credit facility, these proceeds will be used to prepay a portion of its $331.7 million Tranche 5 Term Loan due 2018;
- a cash tender offer for Rite Aid’s $470.0 million aggregate principal amount of 10.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2016 with the proceeds from a new $470 million second lien term loan,together with borrowings under the amended revolving credit facility ; and
- a cash tender offer for Rite Aid’s $180.3 million aggregate principal amount of 6.875% Senior Debentures due 2013 with available cash.
These refinancing transactions are subject to customary terms and conditions. Rite Aid’s results of operations and guidance will likely be impacted by fees, expenses and charges related to the refinancing transactions.
Rite Aid intends to redeem any 9.750% Notes and 10.375% Notes not tendered in the tender offers and related consent solicitations. Rite Aid intends to satisfy and discharge any 6.875% Debentures that remain outstanding after the tender offer and consent solicitation. Holders of untendered 6.875% Debentures that are satisfied and discharged will continue to receive regular interest payments and repayment of their 6.875% Debentures will be made at maturity on Aug. 15, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV