MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE:LNKD), the world's largest professional network on the Internet, with more than 200 million members, reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $303.6 million, an increase of 81% compared to $167.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $11.5 million, compared to net income of $6.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $40.2 million, compared to $13.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $78.6 million, or 26% of revenue, compared to $34.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2011, or 21% of revenue.
- GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.10; Non-GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.35.
- For the full year 2012, revenue increased 86% to $972.3 million from $522.2 million. GAAP diluted EPS increased to $0.19 from $0.11 and Non-GAAP diluted EPS increased to $0.89 from $0.35. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $223.0 million from $98.7 million.
"2012 was a transformative year for LinkedIn," said Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. "We exited 2011 having successfully revamped our underlying development infrastructure. Based on that investment, we said that 2012 would be a year of accelerated product innovation, and it was. The products we delivered throughout the year drove member engagement and financial results to record levels in the fourth quarter."
Fourth Quarter Financial Details and Operating Summary
- Talent Solutions: Revenue from Talent Solutions products totaled $161.0 million, an increase of 90% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Talent Solutions revenue represented 53% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 51% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Marketing Solutions: Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $83.2 million, an increase of 68% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Marketing Solutions revenue represented 27% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 30% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Premium Subscriptions: Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $59.4 million, an increase of 79% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Premium Subscriptions represented 20% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV