- Acquisition of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.’s Puerto Rico operations (BBVA PR) and related deleveraging of the investment securities portfolio have transformed Oriental in line with its major strategies
- Combination of BBVA PR and Oriental has created a larger, diversified and growth oriented banking platform
- Due to a higher than originally estimated valuation for BBVA PR, there was almost no dilution to book value per share. As a result, estimated time to earn back tangible book value has been significantly reduced.
- Strong core performance in 4Q12 and 2012; however, as anticipated, non-recurring items primarily related to the acquisition and deleveraging negatively affected results
- 2012 net income available to common shareholders of $14.6 million, equal to $0.35 per common share
- 2013 outlook strong, based on initial EPS guidance
Oriental Financial Group Reports 4Q12 & 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.