Kite Realty Group Trust (NYSE: KRG) (the “Company”) announced today operating results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Financial statements and exhibits attached to this release include results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2012 and 2011.
- Funds From Operations, as adjusted, was $0.10 per diluted common share for the fourth quarter of 2012 and $0.43 per diluted common share for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- Same Property Net Operating Income for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 3.1% over the prior year and 3.2% for the full year 2012 compared to 2011.
- The total portfolio was 94.2% leased at year-end.
- Executed 55 new and renewal leases for 417,300 square feet during the fourth quarter for aggregate cash rent spreads of 25.5%.
- Executed 167 new and renewal leases for 955,800 square feet during 2012 for aggregate cash rent spreads of 15.0%.
- Revenue from property operations increased 8.7% in the fourth quarter over the prior year.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Acquired Shops at Plaza Green, a power shopping center in Greenville, South Carolina in December for $28.8 million.
- Acquired a Publix-anchored shopping center in Greenville, South Carolina in December for $9.1 million.
- Completed the sale of three unanchored retail projects, two commercial properties, and one parcel of land held for development during the fourth quarter, generating $20.7 million in gross proceeds.
- Subsequent to the end of the quarter, the Company acquired a Publix-anchored shopping center in Orlando, Florida for $11.6 million.
- Completed Oleander Place, the 100% leased Whole Foods-anchored redevelopment in Wilmington, North Carolina, and transitioned the project into the operating portfolio in the fourth quarter.
- Subsequent to the end of the fourth quarter, commenced construction activities on Phase I of Parkside Town Commons in Cary, North Carolina. In December, the Company sold a parcel of land to Target, executed a lease with Harris Teeter Supermarket, and acquired its partner’s 60% interest at a discount to book value.
- Signed an anchor lease with LA Fitness at the Bolton Plaza redevelopment in Jacksonville, Florida and transitioned to an in-process redevelopment in the fourth quarter.
- Issued 12.1 million common shares in the fourth quarter for net proceeds of $60 million which were redeployed to fund acquisitions and redevelopment costs.
- Closed on a $18.4 million construction loan for Rangeline Crossing redevelopment property in Carmel, Indiana.
- The Company’s 2013 debt maturities are $29.2 million on three properties.
- The Company completed $414 million of financing related activities in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV