Piper Jaffray (NYSE: PJC), a leading investment bank and asset management firm, announced that Philip Soran joined its board of directors and has been appointed to the audit committee, effective February 5, 2013.
Philip Soran most recently served as president of Dell Compellent until his retirement in March 2012. He co-founded Compellent Technologies, Inc. in 2002 where he was president, chief executive officer and director until the company was acquired by Dell in February 2011. Prior to that, he was the co-founder, president, chief executive officer and a director for data-storage products maker, Xiotech Corp. which was later acquired by Seagate.
Commenting on Soran’s appointment, Piper Jaffray Companies chairman and CEO, Andrew Duff stated, “We welcome Philip’s wealth of experience and proven leadership. His expertise in building and growing successful companies will serve the board well.”
Soran is a current board member of SPS Commerce, Inc., Hutchinson Technology, Inc. and Help/Systems LLC. He holds a bachelor’s degree in education from the University of Northern Colorado.About Piper Jaffray Piper Jaffray is a leading investment bank and asset management firm serving clients in the U.S. and internationally. Proven advisory teams combine deep industry, product and sector expertise with ready access to capital. Founded in 1895, the firm is headquartered in Minneapolis and has offices across the United States and in London and Zurich. www.piperjaffray.com © 2013 Piper Jaffray Companies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV