Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE: BMS) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved a 4 percent increase in the quarterly cash dividend, increasing it to 26 cents per share compared to the previous quarterly dividend of 25 cents per share. The cash dividend is payable on March 1, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 19, 2013. This marks the 30th consecutive year that the Company has increased its dividend payment. Bemis has been paying an annual dividend on its stock since 1922 and has been included in Standard & Poor's list of Dividend Aristocrats since 2008.
"Our dividend program is an important part of our shareholders' total return on investment in Bemis Company," said Henry Theisen, Bemis Company's President and Chief Executive Officer. "This is our 30 th consecutive annual dividend increase, reflecting the confidence of our Board of Directors in our ability to continue to generate strong cash flow into the future and achieve our long-term earnings per share growth targets."
ABOUT BEMIS COMPANY, INC.
Bemis Company, Inc. is a major supplier of packaging and pressure
sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare,
and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, Bemis Company is
included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of
$5.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry,
film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting.
Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 20,000
individuals worldwide. More information about Bemis is available at our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV