Nearest Resistance: $5.80
Nearest Support: $5.55
Sprint (S) is another communications name that reported a big fourth-quarter loss today; it burned $1.3 billion for the quarter. The key difference is that Sprint's pending majority stake purchase from Softbank helps to mute a lot of the risk in shares of the nation's third-largest cellular phone carrier.A quick glimpse at Sprint's stock chart does a good job of showing that too. Even though shares are off by around 1.1% today, that sort of price action has been par for the course lately; shares are just moving sideways right now. That said, headline risk is still really high in Sprint; if the firm's transaction for 70% of shares hits a snag, it could instantly erode some huge value for S. If you're looking for a trade in the sector, look elsewhere in February.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV