In order to participate, contestants were required to register to take a free Verizon Wireless Amigos del Tiempo workshop to learn how to use 4G LTE-enabled tablets to videotape and submit their weather reports. WXTV Univision 41 judges selected 25 finalists out of the total number of participants who auditioned that day. To be eligible for the contest, participants had to be aged 18 and older, speak Spanish fluently and live in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. There was no purchase necessary to enter or win.
"The Amigos del Tiempo contest was such a huge experience and the technology we have a chance to use is amazing because it's the latest on the market," said Yadira Valerio, Amigos del Tiempo winner. "It's really important for us to know about this technology and what we can do with it."
"This has been great," said Francisco Zapata, Amigos del Tiempo winner. "I'm the kind of person who's always wanted to get a shot at working in television and being part of this experience... it's been incredible."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV