West Virginia Beer Distributors Generate 898 Direct Jobs, $246 Million In Total Economic Impacts
New Study Measures Jobs, Economic Impact and Community Service
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new economic impact report released by the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) – America's Beer Distributors: Fueling Jobs, Generating Economic Growth & Delivering Value to Local Communities – provides the first-ever comprehensive report on beer distribution companies' total impact on national and state economies.
- West Virginia beer distributors directly employ 898 people.
- When the impacts of West Virginia distributor operations, capital investment and community involvement are considered, the total number of impact jobs exceeds 1,812.
- West Virginia beer distributors generate $246 million in total economic impacts.
- West Virginia beer distributor activities contribute $54 million to the federal, state and local tax bases. This does not include an added $66 million in federal, state and local alcohol excise and consumption taxes on beer sold in West Virginia.
- The West Virginia beer distribution industry contributes more than $50 million in transportation efficiencies for the beer industry each year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts